MARINERS & YACHT CREW
Yacht crew and mariners have a unique lifestyle requiring worldwide cover with benefits often not found in land based insurance plans.
Marine specific international health insurance plans for mariners are primary to a vessel's P&I cover providing comprehensive cover 24/7, on and off the vessel, whether at work or leisure and include cover in home country.
Designed for marine captains, crew, and their dependents, group plans offer emergency comprehensive medical cover, evacuation and repatriation, water and winter sports coverage, maternity and optional routine dental and /or vision benefits.
Group plans are customizable and are easy to administer as crew change. A minimum of 2 is required to form a group.
Contact Seven Seas Health to discuss your group's needs and request a proposal.
Many crew like to carry their own international plan which is portable from boat to boat reducing the risk of switching plans and getting caught out with a pre-existing condition. Individual crew plans are available to freelancers and professional mariners of all nationalities. US mariners should be aware that US domestic plans offer little cover, if any, outside of USA and do not have Emergency airlift and repatriation benefits.
Contact Seven Seas Health for more information on individual plan differences.
Navigator (Individual Plan)
GeoBlue (previously HTH Worldwide) is dedicated to helping crew members and expatriates identify, access and pay for quality healthcare, all around the world. GeoBlue offers comprehensive plans to fit the specific needs of crew.
*Please Note: if a plan is indicated as "not available" please contact email@example.com as the plan will be available under the HTH brand and can be quoted.
Crew Plan: Quote and Apply
- Unlimited Policy Maximum
- Includes US coverage
- Includes $50,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Emergency Medevac & Repatriation
- Utilize the AETNA or Blue Cross Blue Shield Network (depends on your state of residence)
- Amateur sailboat racing included in coverage
- Maternity cover offered after 12 months
- Access an elite network of physicians and hospitals in 180 countries who bill directly to GeoBlue
- No deductible or wait periods for doctor visits or Wellness exams
- 24-hour assistance
View all GeoBlue Plans: Expatriates, Travel, Marine, Student
View videos and learn more about GeoBlue
HealthCare Reform (A.C.A) compliant international group plan
- Filed and admitted in USA (recognized as creditable cover by US other insurers)
- No medical history required
- Unlimited Lifetime maximum
- Worldwide cover for any nationality
- US and foreign flagged vessels
- Dependents may be added worldwide
- No wait periods for annual physical and Wellness
- Utilizes BCBS network in USA
International renewable major medical insurance underwritten by Lloyd's London and administered by Azimuth Risk Solutions Inc.
The Meridian Series offers two options: worldÂwide coverage or worldwide coverage excluding the U.S. and Canada. Both options provide coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week allowing you to have the freedom to choose any doctor or hospital for treatment.
- Meridian Enhanced - the perfect plan for those seeking top-tier benefits at a premium point that is extremely attractive for those seeking the best value in the international insurance market.
- Meridian Essential - a great option for those who need significant coverage and are comfortable having a benefit schedule which provides defined levels of coverage for various medical services.
Designed to provide coverage for clients who may not have qualified for other international medical plans.
Designed Exclusively for Captains and Crew.
- Worldwide Coverage with option to exclude USA/Canada, limit of 180 days in US
- Medical plan excluding annual Wellness or Physical
- Option of $500,000 or $1,000,000 limit
- Optional Extreme sports rider
- Optional Dental rider
- Primary to vessel's P&I cover
- Utilize PHCS MultiPlan Network in the US
- One Low Rate for All
International Medical Group
Comprehensive range of international medical plans for travelers of any nationality traveling short term or long term.
Global Crew Medical Insurance®
Get a Quote and Apply
- Long-term (1+ year) comprehensive worldwide medical insurance for marine captains & crews
- Annually renewable medical coverage
- Deductible options from $0 to $25,000
- Maximum limits from $1,000,000 to $8,000,000
- Premium modes to schedule the frequency of payment that meets your needs
Get a Quote and Apply
- Long-term (1+ year) extensive international medical coverage for professional marine captains and crew members
- Deductible options from $0 to $2,500
- Maximum limit up to $8,000,000
- Premium and benefits paid in one of three currencies you select
- Special Crew Member Return coverage
International Marine Medical Insurance
Request a Proposal
- Worldwide group coverage for professional marine crew
- $5,000,000 maximum benefit per insured person per period of coverage
- Primary to the vessel's Protection and Indemnity insurance (P&I)
- Coverage for individuals and dependents